That One Friend... THE COMMANDER

Let's have a dialogue I made up first. xD
A Commander and it's Trooper (who used to be good friends) are at a cliff searching for food when a sudden "gust of wind" aka, the Commander's wind riffle pushes the Trooper off of the side of the cliff. The Trooper is hanging on for dear life.

T-Commander, please help me, I'm about to fall!
C-I will not help you because you disobeyed multiple orders that I gave you dicrectly.
T-That's because your orders were stupid. They only helped you, not the rest of the troop.
C-I'm the leader, I do what I want. 
T-Can't you see? You're pulling the troop apart because of your selfishness? The troops needs to stick toge-
C-SHUT UP? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW USELESS YOU ARE?
T-Commander, can't you see what you're doing? You're killing us!
C-I don't care. You're useless to me now. You're just a trooper. I've got more of you to spare.
T-Commander! Don't you remember all the good times we had? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!
C- Nothing happened! (said darkly)
T-Oh, I know now: Leadership happened. It corrupted you!
C-Well that's just too bad. I've got more of you to spare.
T- Don't you remember what I used to be to you? You called me your sister yourself. Those were your words.
C-Obviously, that was a different time. I'm Commander now, and I don't care if you were my friend or not. Don't you remember? I hate you because-
T-Oh stop it! Just because of that? You're such a wimp!
C- ENOUGH! I'm through with you!
     Commander loosens the Troopers' grip from the cliff.
     The Trooper tries to grab the Commander to pull her with her, but the Commander is too quick.
     The Trooper falls to her death in the canyon below the cliff.
-----------------
We all have someone in our group of friends that's kinda like the commander. Ya know, that one friend that plants ideas in your head? The one that starts all the drama in the group? The one that turns your other friends against you? The one that seems normal (for the friend) one day, then the complete opposite the next. Well, not exactly completely opposite, but there's something different about their personality, but you can't pin-point it because it's just different and weird. 
Well, maybe your commanding friend isn't exactly like that, but I had a friend like that all through high school. We were really close. We had similar views on things, had classes together throughout our high school life...we played guitar... but this chick 'sorta kinda' ruined my Senior year. You wanna know why? Because she wanted to "spice up her life by creating drama." Those are sort of her words from a certain website. She convinced my other friends to leave me by myself because I liked my boyfriend and talked about him a lot (Well geeze, I've gotten better at that part. Looks like it's too late to turn back the clock). And it's not the first time she's done that to a friend to teach them a lesson. Nope. Surprised it didn't happen more...anyways... This "friend" and my other friends left me alone  for months. When they finally came back, I was confused. I didn't get why they just left me alone. They really should have (at least some of them). It would have made the pain less. But I guess that's what she was going for- to make the pain more than it was worth. 
So these friends came back and I was confused, but happy, like I said earlier. I never really got over the fact that they left me and my other friend by ourselves (well not really, because we had other friends that would come by and hang out with us, but still, it wasn't the same), and was always suspicious of them whenever they were nice to me because I thought they would spring back and leave me again. These guys gave me the impression they were my friends again, but look at me now. They're gone (2 outa 3 of the ones that left). And when they un-friended me on FB I was devastated because I was only half expecting that to happen. That was all because I really liked my boyfriend and talked about him a lot. And maybe it was because my Commanding friend was just jealous that her own relationship or whatever it was didn't work out because she didn't like being "cute" and her own bf did. I don't know, and I don't care- any more. Of course then I wanted to know why they were doing all those things to me, but now, I look back...and don't care. I still have my first (female) friend I made in high school as my friend, my friends from middle school, various friends from college... if they're really my friends, I dunno, but, we talk, so I guess we are, and I have my boyfriend (who was the first male friend I ever made in high school).

Lesson learned: Don't talk about your boyfriend around jealous bitches... or other people that don't give a shit. THANKS. Yes, I just called one of my used to be best friends a bitch over the internet. No qualms. She deserves it. And other people will agree.

Comments

  1. Not to butt into your internet rant, but knowing the people in question I just want to say that we all have dark times in our lives and we do things we don't mean and say things we wish we could take back. The problem with being human is that we aren't perfect and therefore our perception of events is always skewed. The trick is to always try to look back on past events and instead of falling into the easy path of one-sided thought, branch out and explore the fact that things are not always what they seem and that we may perceive malice and distrust but in reality there is a whole other story that we simply aren't aware of. I'm not blaming you, you are still my friend and I know how you feel about this, but maybe she had her own things going on and merely expressed her frustrations in the wrong place and wrong time. You weren't wrong, you may just have not understood at the time. Sorry if this is long and preachy, it just kills me inside that two people who were good friends could split up so quickly and with so may hurt feelings. Again sorry if this is preachy, you can ignore this if you really feel I'm way off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that everyone has their dark times, but she also got "everyone" to leave someone else years before, who I'm sure you know who. I was told that they were trying to get me to learn a lesson, a lesson I sure as hell learned. I had an idea of what she was going through- she told me herself. I think I said it up there, that I thought she was jealous of me, but then again, I could be completely wrong. I'm sure you've talked to her more recently than I have, and that she's told you things she'd never tell me any more. I know she knew what she was doing, and she definitely knew what she was doing since she, like I said, did it to someone else... I definitely didn't miss understand her...
    I really do appreciate letting me know what you think about what I said. Only a true friend would say what they really think about the situation. It was a little preachy, but that's ok. That's what I made this for, and I would probably say the same things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing