Semi-Self-Assigned Summer Reading 2011 (And my first post)

Yes, I am, and probably will be THAT bored over the summer when I'm not hanging out with certain people that I like being with. So, I'll be.. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN.. READING. Yes, I'll be reading. As hard as it is for a lot of people to believe, there are still books out there that just sit on some shelf waiting to be read. So... I've already gotten started. (And since I'm THAT bored, I've decided to sorta give my comments on the books I've read... If anyone even cares...). No, I will not give anything away about the books just incase anyone wants to read them... if anyone even reads THIS...

1) Matched, by Ally Condie- Well, I thought it was a good story. I don't think I should have started it when I got it, because that made it harder to read (lots of gaps between readings). Guess it's my typical story: girl likes guy, sees another guy and falls for that other guy instead of the first guy...typical in the fact that most of the stories I've picked involve some girl falling for a guy. Who knows if that's normal or not... anyway, some plot twists kept me interested. CAN'T wait until November when the sequel comes out!! :D

2) Revolution, by Jennifer Donnelly- This book was AWESOME! At first, I thought this was just going to be about some depressed girl trying to not be depressed. Glad I was wrong about that!! I think what really got me about this book was the fact that I was a girl reading about a girl reading a girl's diary from the French Revolution... both of the girls in the story had thier flaws, which made the story interesting. And agian, girl gets the guy. xD Seriously, this book blew me away because I thought I was going to get nightmares from reading about the French catacombs and whatnot... and all the strange happenings in this story, but I actually had adventure dreams, which I don't get very often... It was sooooo good I only read it in 5 days... most of it was on the 4th and 5th days. COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN!! (Had to force myself to put it down at 2 am on day 4).

3) I am Number Four, by Pittacus Lore- Ok... maybe I should have read this book before Revolution... I feel let down by it. Though there was a TON of action in it, though there was a TON of...um... something else, I thought it was going to be this really awesome book about the Number Four guy getting his powers and fighting the aliens that destroyed his home planet... BUT IT WAS ABOUT THAT!! Well, maybe I thought it was going to be different from the other books I've read that are like this (the adventure, discovering powers/skills story/, going on a journey using those powers/ fighting in some epic battles...that seem epic at the time), but it wasn't. Oh, well, still look forward to reading the sequel anyways. (Only took me 2 days to read this... had nothing to do.)

4) The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien- It's kind of hard for me to read... I'm bored by it so far... and I'm on Chapter 3... I'm only reading this because a certain someone wanted me to read The Fellowship of the Ring, so I felt obligated to read the prelude. Hopefully, it will get better. PLEASE!
MORE TO COME...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing