Finally Done with Two Towers and Pride and Prejudice

Okay, so, I've been complaining about reading The Two Towers. The ending left more to be desired, but of course, that's what Return of the King is for. But, yes, J.R.R. Tolkien's style is very detailed-- so detailed I know that I won't be able to go on with reading Return of the King. I couldn't take reading about Sam, Frodo, and Gollum walking around Mordor...or wherever they were. I just couldn't. I have to admit that I didn't really read the last couple pages because I already knew what was going to happen. (THANK YOU FAMILY FOR MAKING ME WATCH THE MOVIE...and THANK YOU HOLLYWOOD FOR KILLING MY BOOK READING EXPERIENCE!! Much appreciated. -____-). So yeah, I saw the movie. A much less arduous way to learn the tales of J.R.R. Tolkien. A more enjoyable way too.

I said I read Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen. I did, I did. I'm not really sure what to make of it, really... I mean, it was easier to read than Lord of the Rings, but the Old English made it sort of hard to understand (at least I know what a fortnight is now... two weeks), and the English culture... the way things were back then... how people had to act a certain way because of their class... and the way people got married-- I couldn't stand thinking about that; I can't imagine having met my boyfriend in such a way... in a ball. PIF. Then having to walk around in a dress all day. EVEN MORE PIF. Maybe it's just because I'm used to having all my rights or this modern world, I don't know, but just thinking about living back then makes me not want to (live back then. xD)
Anyway: I was disappointed at the ending. I thought that there would be more on the marriage of Darcy and Liz...and Bingly and Jane. But whatever. I couldn't stand Lydia and Mrs. Bennet... such... such... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! STUPIDITY... FOOLISHNESS... geeze... and Mr. Priest guy too. and Wickham. GEEZE. BAH. -___- The book was alright though. My aunt has the A&E movie sitting around, which is apparently the most accurate movie out of all of them (according to her)... maybe that'll be better for me. So. I liked the book, but I didn't. Yeah. And it only took a week (and a day) for me to finish instead of a month. That must mean it was better! Though it had some things left to be desired. But whatever. It's a classic.
I'll be reading The Thirteenth Tale next. I hope that's a good one...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing