These aren't Happy Poems...

When I feel down/sorry for myself/ ignored/ pissed at myself/etc, I write. Not much of what I've written is on here.. actually, none of the poetry I've written is on here. But, because I feel like these poems are really what I was feeling, and feel right now, I'm going to type them out. Because right now, I feel absolutely pathetic. -__- By the way, only one other person has seen/heard these... and now the world will... if the world even happens to come across this....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I walk away
I don't feel like saying
anything
It will go away...
It will go away...
In remembrance,
I think of you

In remembrance,
I mourn the past
The regret...
The regret...

What happened?
Oh, no, it's nothing
It's nothing to worry about
Walk it out

Walk away from everything
and find
the hidden re-start button
Re-do the wrongs done

Then make the same mistakes
unknowingly
Without realizing the wrongs done

Just walk away
only walking
Feeling uneasy
Knowing nothing
will be the same

Walk away from
the fire set
Let it burn the memories away
Let every memory fade
into the distance
Like ashes rising to the sky,
then falling to the ground -Nov 2010

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's hard to see the designs
on the ceiling
when the lights are off
The only reason I keep the lights on
are so I can see the
designs on the ceiling
It's easy to think and
look up at the ceiling
if you have the lights on
It's easy to get lost in your own thoughts
while laying on a bed while
looking at the ceiling
with the lights on

It's easy to look down
at your shoes
when you feel alone
to look at the gravel
to watch your step
when you are alone
It's easy to guard yourself
when you are alone
in the huge crowd
one face lost in a sea
of a million other faces
when  you are just like
everyone else
nothing special
generic
dull
alone and afraid
of letting yourself go
because you already have
and you were betrayed
by the people who
meant the most to you.
I'm glad you're here for me
or I would not be -late April 2011

Comments

  1. wow..very good poem...

    Happy poems
    Picnics poetry is focuses on promoting and advertising happy poems and quotes that are positive, joyous and easy to understand in the promotion of positive human interaction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing