The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo-- Review

Yesterday I finished the page turningly exciting book called, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson. Seriously, that book was like eye food... my eyes ate up those words... seriously, my eyes were going from one sentence to the next like... something that goes real fast... That happened with other books too...but not as quickly. My uncle was right when he said I needed to just read that book because you get little information bits in random places in the story...and it's really really hard to stop reading this book. Either way, I took the book everywhere I went (just like every book I read, no matter how big it is) and I read it. The one thing I like about this book is that it has random spaces in the text to signal a subject change...or a stopping point for someone reading until 2am.
But seriously... why rape scenes? Why do the main villains have to be serial rapists? When I read the first "rape" scene I was like: come onnnn... The second one I was like: EWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEW STOP. Please... -___- The about to rape scene was awesome.... cuz the pedophile gets his ass handed to him. I laughed and I cheered...in my head.
So..uumm... I really don't like how everyone has sex with everyone... that might just be my upbringing, but really... that's kinda sick. I wonder how many STDs they got...
So the journalist in the story is trying to solve a 30-something year old mystery disappearance. Who would have thought he'd solve it. -__- The author wrote a book about it. Who would of thought it would be solved right then and there? Really? And of course, the villains are right under their noses. When does that NOT happen? I guess that means I watch too many crime shows. xD
Hmmm.. what else can I say about this book, but that it was easy to read, yet sort of hard to understand because there are a couple different things going on at once. It was slightly perverted, with sex scenes and rapes (and incest) inserted for the pervert in everyone...and not to mention descriptions of how people were dismembered/burned/cut up/etc and how they were linked to Bible verses. EW. I mean, the book is good, but all that unnecessary stuff makes me not want to read it again. The other books I've read, like Crossed and Inheritance, I'd read again. I'd read this again, only if......okay, I wouldn't really want to unless it's years and years from now. Good, yet sorta confusing plot... very interesting mystery and problems that needed to be solved...yeah. It was good, but the rape and sex scenes could be left out.

Oh. And I heard that in the movie, the rape scene was very graphic. Haven't actually watched it yet...don't really want to because of the nice graphic rape scene. -___-
----------
Probably not one of my best reviews, huh? Oh well... there won't be any for awhile because school starts up again in a week and I'm out of books anyways. I'm sure the next thing I put up on here will be more complaints...because that's what this is for in the first place. xD Annnd... hope all you guys had happy holidays (oh geeze, being generic) and stuff. Yeah. First blog entry of the year....blah blah blah....thanks for reading this...annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddd..yeah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing