The Tea Rose Review etc

So I just finished The Tea Rose, by Jennifer Donnelly... and I totally read that whole series in the wrong order. I don't know if The Winter Rose was my favorite just because I read it first, because I didn't know what to expect, or if it was because it had more romance in it. I just know that all the books in that series are able to stand alone in one way or another. The Tea Rose was about Fiona, someone I "met" in The Winter Rose, and barely heard from in The Wild Rose. The whole series revolves around her in a way...her family. The Winter Rose, about her brother Charlie, The Wild Rose, about her other brother, Seamie. I finally get it! But there's got to be more about writing the series than that... But still, all three books were awesome, and I finally got to see how all these characters got to be rich...and how they all suffered. But from The Tea Rose to The Winter Rose, I feel like there's a huge gap, especially when talking about Seamie, unless I totally read the book wrong. The last two books, The Winter Rose and The Wild Rose go pretty well together... I mean they blend better. I feel like The Tea Rose could be put as a random book in the series, even though it explains basically everything that happens in the next two books. Grrr... conflicted.

I wonder if I would be able to make it as a book critic... or any type of critic. That would be pretty cool...although I would basically be wasting my parent's money right now, paying for my Psychology BA and English BA... Geeze...is anyone even reading this? But what do I care...

I can see everything that's wrong with the world, but I need this and that degree and a huge amount of money to even be noticed by someone significant. How are people supposed to try and change something when people only listen to money? It's not fair that all these governments just want the money, not the opportunity to help others. Isn't that what the government's for anyway? To help people? Apparently, they're just there to make our lives terrible... -__-

And now I see all those statuses: Going to college! Aw $%^* school's about to start! Don't gimmie that sheeeeeet after I've been going to school nonstop for the past year, with little day breaks in between...but that was only for the summer. cuz summer's supposed to be "easy." Stop your complainin' and live with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing