No, I'm not Andy Rooney, but...

I feel like Andy Rooney was an unconscious inspiration to me. I mean, look, I made a blog, and I complain on it, I comment on things I feel are weird, but I don't have a segment on 60mins. I feel like, maybe, just maybe, if enough people read this, and if my writing actually appeals to people...especially higher-up people, I might just have a chance.
Thing is, a ton of people have blogs just like mine, and I'm just one person in the whole internet. Part of me figures if I complain enough and spell things right, something might happen. Take my last blog entry for example. I complained and gave my reasons for complaining. And in my other blog entries I comment on books I've read... Does anyone think that's a good enough start? Or even good enough? I'd like to write for a living (besides being a psychologist) because it's fun and I'd be able to say what I think. I don't particularly want to be a journalist, because I wouldn't be able to pick what I write about. I'd want a job like Andy Rooney's because when I used to watch him (a couple years back) I liked the way he talked and things he talked about (more like complained and commented...whatever). So what if I'm not an old man who had a career before he got the 60 mins spot? So what if I'm not a respected person in the news business? I THINK AND I COMMENT ON STUFF! Isn't that enough for the job? xD

--------- On a different note: all the things I've gotten alright/good at and gave up on (just 'cause I've been thinking about that stuff a lot lately):
  • Violin
  • Piano
  • Guitar
  • Writing
  • Running
  • Uh, math? I was never good at math in general, but there were certain types I was good at....
  • Painting?
  • Drawing?
  • I feel like my reading speed is slowing down... or is that just cause the things I'm reading are harder to understand?
Either way, I'm just complaining again. Nothing to worry about. xD
I should have listened to Mr. Morgan and never quite the violin, but the opportunity was there and I took it, because I was sick of it. Now I want to play, and I suck eggs.

Comments

  1. Sometimes all it takes to make it big, is doing what you love. If you only do what others tell you, there will be no hope of becoming your own person and your dreams will be lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that. :) Now, all I have to do is get my stuff out there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing