As Promised: A Review of Crossed (because everyone was looking forward to it)

So I only put up the Inheritance review a couple days ago. So what? I already finished Crossed, and have opened another book-- barely opened another book: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Not because there is a movie out, but because my mom just happened to get it last Christmas and never finished it. Maybe I'll read it this Christmas and never finish it. Who knows?

For the sake of reviewing, I'll start off with Matched first, since I didn't really go over that last summer:
Matched. My stereotypical girl book: A journey (or sorts) with a romance. I always seem to find those types of books. This girl lives in an "advanced" place called The Society, where everything is calculated and predicted and all the type of thing. This girl named Cassia is going to be "matched" to a supposedly random dude and they will go through the stages of being "matched" and eventually help to keep The Society alive. When Cassia finds someone else's picture on her "microcard" (what they use instead of computers and papers and pictures) she worries and falls for that dude instead. Later in the book, she ends up sending this new love of hers away and at the very end of the book, she has to go away too.
Like I said over the summer, this book was awesome. It had everything I wanted in my stereotypical girl book and I found ways to identify with the main character, Cassia (the having a kick ass boyfriend part). You can read the review in my first ever blog entry if you want. Now, for Crossed.
Crossed was a little darker, I'd say. Cassia finds out about what is called The Rising and she sets out to find it, along with her new found love, Ky, who she sent away from their "hometown" by accident. Both of them go through the Carving (kinda like our Grand Canyon) and a desert and then find a little village type thing where there were farmers that had the things that The Society had destroyed because they want perfection: books, paintings, drawings, poems, and apples. Blah, blah, blah. At the end of this book... they find the Rising. I will say no more. Now for the review:
Like I said, this book was darker- Cassia was finding out the truth about the Society and other people at that. She couldn't stop thinking about her new found love, and that's what kept her going ('daaawwww) and sorta maybe kept me going through the book...I guess... Every time that happened (which was basically every other page) I was like: awwww... NOW MEET UP IN THE NEXT CHAPTER ALREADY! There was a ton of those thoughts while I was reading. I just wanted these to lovebirds to meet up and be happy and not have to worry about being shot. They did for a little bit....but of course, they have to leave each other. I was pissed, honestly. I was like: Really?! Come onnnnnnnnn, they just got back together! Why do this?! But I guess that's why it's called the Matched Trilogy... other than that, the book was real easy to read (I mean really, I read it in 3 days!) and the details weren't boring, like in Lord of the Rings (yes, I will probably compare everything to the boring-ness of The Lord of the Rings...which they are making another movie of...which my boyfriend and I will see. Because it's The Hobbit. I never actually finished that...) and the type (font?) was nice and big and everything was basically double spaced. Perfect. Even though this is probably one of the girlyist things I will ever read on purpose, I thought it was one of the awesomemest books ever. Like I said: journey mixed in with a little romance. Hell yes! Can't wait for the last book of this trilogy to come out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing