My Thoughts on the Christmas Season...and Inheritance! ^__^

People that have talked to me know that the day before Thanksgiving, I complained about how they played Christmas music, even though it was really a month away (and every day after that. It's really annoying, and it's kind of killing the Christmas spirit for me. That's why I only listen to my grandpa's Christmas cd...and the various other ones we have at home. The least the radio stations and shops can do is not play Christmas music until the week before... geeeze. They're trying to kill me...even though I like Christmas music). It's like the commercialization of Christmas has changed everything. It has made people crazy about buying things on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and turned people into Christmas gift shopping maniacs. It has made Christmas all about the gifts, instead of the time that should be spent with family, as well as the time that the family should be celebrating Jesus's birth (Ionlyputthatpartinbecauseofmyreligion). Christmas has become so commercialized that I'm sure in a few years, no one will even remember why we celebrate a random holiday in the middle of winter and why it means so much to people. I mean, come on. It can't always be about the presents (though I have to admit, I still get jealous if my brother gets a "better" present than me) and it can't just be about the food........
---------------------------------------
So, for you people who wanted to hear about how my reading's been doing... Since I got Inheritance, by Chris Paolini, I've been trying to read a chapter a night. Now that school is out for Christmas vacation, I CAN READ AS MUCH AS I WANT. That means I can read aaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll day. And right now, Inheritance is pretty daum interesting (that means I'm more than half way through the book now. It's so. aweeesommmeee...). I. CAN'T WAIT. TO FINISH. THAT 849 PAGE BOOK (Yes, I got the actual book version. Because I like feeling the book in my hand, and reading off of paper, NOT A SCREEN. I like being able to bring the book around and not just having a stupid screen  to look at...)

So I guess that's it... bye...for now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing