It's a little early for Mommy Day... +other stuff

You know how you and your same sex parent have some type of bond? Like a mother and daughter do things together, and a father and son do things together? Well, I've always had that bond with my Dad...I guess because he barely ever yelled at me as a kid...etc etc. My Dad and I seem to do lots of stuff together. He drops me off at the train station, picks me up from pretty much anywhere, we used to watch late night tv together, used to play catch together, and dislike shopping with my Mom together. xD And geeze, this guy tolerates my driving, while my Mom sits in the back trying not to yell at me for being too close to the right...

Tonight something happened that made me realize all of that. My Mom and I planned a lunch date for tomorrow. That has never happened in the history of my life. I have never been with "just Mom" unless it was for getting a hair cut (then getting Lotto tickets and doughnuts after). I can't shop with just Mom... And all the things I've done with her have been done as a family. We went here and there, but with the whole family, not just me and Mom... or it's with an aunt or grandparent...not just Mom. This made me wonder: why was a afraid of my Mom as a kid? Did that "fear" play into my life? The answer: She yelled. She was the mean parent, the punishment administrator, the one who got frustrated with me when I couldn't figure out my now-simple homework from grade school. That doesn't mean we didn't/don't get along. I mean, yeah, she yelled a lot and frustrated me, but I always went to her when I had a problem or some type of complaint. We always talked, just like me and my Dad, but when I talk to her I feel like it's more formal, not like a friendship, like I have with my Dad... (but we all know my Dad gets on my nerves too).
Sooo..where was I going with this...? Oh yeah. I have a lunch date with my Mom instead of my boyfriend tomorrow. That's never happened.......
I'll update tomorrow I guess.
----------------Three Days Later ~French accent~------------
Well, we had our day out...and really, it was the same as I thought it would be. Nothing was different about her (I have no idea why I thought there would be something different about her... O_o) We had sushi, looked at shoes, went shopping... like part grocery, part random stuff, like it always is."Do you want to try this? Anything else?" I guess it would of helped if a certain family member wasn't in the hospital again... but still. I thought there would be more fun involved. Then again, my Mom has a reputation for being serious... which is why I think it's weird when she smiles or laughs. Because when I was younger I never noticed any of those things because she always seemed to be mad at me or my brother. Guess that means my Mom will never ever change. She'll always have some serious part in her telling her not to be extremely happy around anyone but her dad...and maybe my Dad...but I'm not sure....
---------------My usual observances~Californian accent-------xD------

  • I like being by myself on the way to school...and most of the way home... It's nice having company sometimes.
  • Over the ear headphones VS in ear headphones= over the ear wins for comfort, in ear wins for...convenience. I'm so used to over the ear now.. so they're better. xD
  • Overplay the new, forget about the old music. Not fair, but gives me a break so I can re-discover the old stuff. :P
  • I should start doing more to make myself actually "healthy." I should stand more. xD
  • Has anyone noticed: DCFC sounds happy but the lyrics are... gloomy.
  • Has anyone noticed: That 1 Direction song sounds like a BTR song. Just sayin. They're both bleeeeeeehh though
  • You think someone is one way, but they're actually another way around their "actual" friends. Nice. I'm the same way around everyone, right? O_o
  • I remember when I could go without shorts on a hot day... then again I was stuck in jeans. xD
  • The recent heat makes me appreciate the *place where I live*'s cold, windy weather. 
  • You never have your camera when you see something awesome and have it when everything's blaah.... that's always my case at least... actually, everything's pretty much the opposite of what you want it to be in this world. Seriously. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing