Finally, a Review...and school stuff.

A couple weeks ago, pretty much right after a relative passed away, a book I ordered came in the mail. That  book was called The Winter Rose, by Jennifer Donnelly and it was probably one of the most perfect books I've ever read in my whole entire life of reading books. This book had romance. It had devious criminals and politicians. Criminals and politicians= deceit and life long secrets. It had a strong lead character...characters.
Since this was the second in a trilogy, I've "missed out" on the first book...but oh well, that book and the last book are coming in the mail soon, thanks to Amazon.com. According to a certain bookseller, the first book was out of print. They were pretty WRONG. So those books better come quickly...or I'll be bored out of my mind waiting for the shuttle at school and while waiting for the train that always seems to leave as soon as I get to the station. But anyway...
When I first started reading (because I read the summary on the back to refresh my memory), I thought it was going to be about a girl. Instead, the first couple pages were about a guy. As it turns out, the author likes to switch between stories, since there are many different "main" characters in the novel. This actually made the reading experience more enjoyable, since I wanted to speed through one chapter to find out what happened in the next because what happened in the previous chapter was so exciting. This means there were lots of cliff hangers in the book; but of course they were sort of finished....the biggest cliff hanger will be finished in the next book, which I can't wait to read, like I said earlier!
There was a character I hated and literally wanted that character to die because he was so horrible. The author actually makes this devious character die in a most gruesome way (that you can find out about if you get to read this very awesome book). I was literally cheering out loud when this certain character got eaten by a certain animal found in a certain part of the world! Crazy, I know, but it was still very awesome to read what happened to that character.
The funny thing is, I took that book everywhere for a chance to read it. I took it to my grandpa's and all the people there were teasing asking, "Is it about how to plant a rose in the winter?" "Is it about a lady with her rose garden?" I said, "No, you'll have to read it and find out. But it's a very awesome book!" If I say any more about this book, I'll probably give it all away...so I won't. The last thing I'll say is that one of the main characters is a woman doctor...in the 1900s... That's all. Seriously. That's it. You'll have to discover this book's awesomeness for yourself! HAHA!

----------And now for some school stuff.-----Because school is a huge part of my life.-------------------
Summer classes...sigh. Two of the classes are alright...ya know, not that much work, easy teachers to deal with...but one of the classes, that I have from 2-4, is one of the worst classes I've ever taken because the teacher drags everything out and he has the softest possible voice a teacher could possibly have. I mean, I can't help it if I look like I want to leave the class because I really do want to leave. But I don't for the sake of thinking that I'll actually miss something important. At least I have some friends to keep me company in the other two classes, and another "new" person I've met that makes that last class bearable....and I get home at around 5:30... Not really liking that...
And now that I've planned my school schedule so I could have a job, the job flakes on me. I really really really really really really really really really really really really really appreciate that you... you.. UGH. "Oh, your schedule hasn't changed?! Oh...well then... um..." That actually hasn't been said at all because I haven't gotten an e-mail back from this "employer" but, I'm pretty sure that's what it's going to be like. I didn't think I'd be taken seriously when I e-mailed saying that I would "volunteer" for this...but apparently, I was and now look. Oh, maybe I'm not supposed to have a job. BUT I WANT MONEY! : (

Well...until the next time I finish a book or find something to talk about on here... bye bye...
-Commander Comment Crazy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing