Summer...what is that?

I just finished reading The Wild Rose, by Jennifer Donnelly, and it was almost as good as The Winter Rose. It still has the villain getting what he deserves...sorta, but the reason this one is just a little less good than The Winter Rose...wait for iiiiiiit... More plot twists. Yes. One minute  you think the character(s) is(are) fine, then, the next thing you know, everything falls apart again. Yet, of course, all the characters end up getting their way. I liked the plot twists and the switching of stories, but you have to admit, it gets confusing...Now all I have to do is read The Tea Rose, and I would have read the whole series. Isn't it strange that I read the 2nd book first, the 3rd book second, and the 1st book last?!

--------Now for personal stuff------
I've been told that I should be free. But it's hard for me to be free when I'm used to having all these boundaries that I've hated for so long.... What's free? I'm not sure if I've really heard of it or if I've just heard rumors about it... Like I've said earlier, I'm going to school, so my summer is non-existent. The only real summer-like thing I'm doing is reading books I wanna read. Why don't I read the rest of the year? Good question.
There are these feelings that always come and go. The feeling that I'm a quitter because I quit doing so many things. I was playing a certain instrument today and I kept messing up and all I heard in my head was: Inadequate. Do it over. Inadequate. Rebuild your talent. Rebuild. Remember where you left off and continue from there... But I can't. I'm out of shape...
A lot of stuff has been going on, and I'm not really a fan of these things...but I guess it's just life. I've got nothing on my friends though. They've got their lives torn up on so many ways, I'm surprised they're still sane... I'm glad they're my friends though. They're pretty awesome people. If I was them, I'm not sure I'd even be sane...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing