Reviews Times 4

*Walks into a "boring" white room and clears throat: Ahem. Rubs hands, takes a breath.*
Three reviews, one blog post. Which one will you guys care about the most? Probably none of them, since no one reads this anyway! -__- (I'll be doing this in the order that I "finished" them.)

The first review is of a book called, The Twelve, by Justin Cronin. It's the continuation of The Passage, the came out in 2010, I think, and maybe just a little better. Of course, I would have liked to have read the book when it first came out (10 days after my birthday), but guess who had a Fall quarter to attend with lots of stupid history and "critical thinking" reading and homework? Me.
After months of reading boring American history and critical thinking, this book with the size 12, single spaced, Times New Roman font was easy reading. I could make this metaphor: The boring history and critical thinking stuff  was my vegetables (the ones that I don't like are brussle sprouts and egg plant) and The Twelve was like (thinks of favorite candy for a long time, and the only one that comes up is) molasses chips. Yes. I mentally gobbled up The Twelve (and I've been waiting a couple days to use that metaphor) like it was candy. It was mentally delicious and refreshing like a stick of spearmint gum.
Like I said, The Twelve was the continuation of The Passage. I tried to re-read The Passage so I could ready myself for The Twelve, but I was short on time and Fall quarter started before I knew it. Good thing there was a little review of The Passage at the beginning, or I would of been very lost. I had to remember all the characters, but with a little more reading, my memory was jogged, and I understood who was who. Let's just say that the plot switches around a lot, in terms of characters. One minute you're reading about the present in Texas, and the next, you're about I guess 50 years in the past. Then you find  yourself  in "today's" world, then sitting in on "vampires." Yeah, the main terrorists (because they're actually terrorizing) of the books are technically vampires, but they're not called vampires. They're called virals...that's explained in The Passage... along with most of the characters (that's why it's a continuation). Let's just say lots of people die...including the people that should... but that would be giving it away...grr...
But what do I actually think of the book, you ask? Well, as I typed out earlier, I thought the book was mentally delicious, like my favorite Pastrami sandwich from my favorite little delicatessine. I really did enjoy it, and  I suppose that anticipation built up from the months that I waited to read it really helped with that. It really only took me about a week to read it, because of all the internet distractions I have...but if not for that, I probably would have finished the book in about three or four days. I don't mind the internet distractions though. I guess they help me drag the book out longer, so I'm forced to go back and forth in the book, so I can actually understand what's going on. Defiantly an awesome read, especially if you're like me and like post-apocalyptic stuff; just not the movies that will be coming out soon. Those are killing the post-apocalyptic theme....merph.

The second thing I will review is my second Muse CD. Yeah, it's just my second Muse CD, but I have some of their other songs on iTunes. I bought The 2nd Law on Thursday and listened to it. And actually enjoyed it. You remember what I thought of their single, Madness...how I really didn't like it. It's alright, but the rest of the CD is so much better than that. I am being serious. I didn't really know what to expect from The 2nd Law, but, like The Resistance: Mind. Blown. I really enjoy Muse's sound because they have the perfect mix of classical music (which was my musical training), rock music (what I like listening to), and all that modern dub step stuff (it's alright), and I'm glad there wasn't a lot of obvious dub step stuff. I'm pretty sure that's why Muse is famous in the first place (boy, am I sharp). But yeah, I just thought you guys would like to know that I actually like The 2nd Law....so yeah.

The third thing I will review is my new classic short grey Uggs. Yeaaaaahhhh, I finally wanted them because my feet are always cold and I kinda needed them because of the nice cold *inserts city name here* weather and the nice cold *inserts other city's name here* mornings. I AM NOW A PART OF SOCIETY. Joy to the world, she thought sarcastically. I just want the warmth, really. It's like my feet are walking around in blankets of light warmth. It's so awesome. I wanted the Fabriece (however spelled), but that was waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too expensive. I mean... $252 or something like that. TOO. EXPENSIVE...and they didn't have them in my size. I was sad, but it's ok. I have permanent light feet blankets now.

The fourth and final review will be of The Hobbit. All I will say: IT'S BETTER THAN THE BOOK....because you don't have to read it. The book was full of "lore" as my boyfriend would say, and the details literally put me to sleep. Since I don't remember the book, the movie is better...because it didn't put me to sleep.

Next review will be the final book in the Matched Trilogy, Reached...whenever the cheeseballs I finish that. I just started... not as interesting as The Twelve though....duh. But still interesting enough. Watch out for my story. Not like I'd actually put it up on here... or will I? I don't really know. Depends on how many people are actually interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing