Memories...

They say your life will be ending within days. I'd like to think that you'd prove them wrong and at least push through for another month- everyone else thinks that too. With that news in mind, I can't help remembering some of the little things that you taught me... and other random memories that might come up while I type this up.They might be superstition or just random lessons you've learned, but I think they're useful. I'll never forget them.

  • Always drink water after eating anything sweet.
  • Never eat while upside down or laying down.
  • Nap from when you get home from school til 4 o'clock.
  • Anything can be added to any meal. Try frozen vegetables and chicken with mac 'n' cheese or mango with chicken and rice. Not that bad, actually. Oatmeal and prunes! Or were they raisins? Bread, swiss cheese, and garlic powder! (I will never ever forget what you ate for breakfast either... omcheese)
  • (Something that sounds like... all Tagolag/ Spanish stuff)
    •  Asus mariosep!- My gosh...or something like that. Always said when stressed/angered 
    • Wala pa!- Not yet!/ Hold on!
    • Baliktad!- It's backwards!
    • Colongut!- SNOT! (In your nose)
    • Guapo! You look handsome
    • Wag na- I guess that meant no more or no or something
    • You'd always speak to me in Tagolag, like I knew what you were saying... but I can't... You wanted to teach me, but didn't.
  • I'll remember the hours you spent with me helping me with my math homework. Our paper would be on cardboard and the table would gradually get darker as the sun went down during winter time. And how you sharpened pencils with... whatever that thing was- not a pencil sharpener. (Being there after school til about 5th grade)
  • Always surprised when I cut my nails by myself...for like a year or two.
  • I don't exactly remember, but there are pictures of us when you were taking care of me as a baby/toddler. I guess you were my horsey.
  • You bought me that red mat thingy.
  • I liked your sunglasses as a kid.
  • I'll never forget the way you called me to get my attention...and how we used to talk to each other over the phone every night until I got older.
  • You made me lugau whenever I was sick... or when my braces hurt so much I couldn't eat anything but that.
  • You'd always buy me food for when we came over... sugar free yogurt, mango, strawberries...ice cream, chicken bakes, pizza... 
  • You didn't let me help you make teriaki chicken because you said I'd get sick from cutting the raw chicken. I'd have to be 18 to cut raw chicken by myself.
  • You liked it when I rubbed your back.
  • You always seemed proud of me...
This doesn't mean I'm giving up on you. It just means I'm remembering the things that will always remind me of you... I'll never forget you, no matter what.

-------------------6-20-12---------------------
It's weird how I wrote this and you passed hours later. It's hard to believe you're gone now. At least you won't be in pain any more... You got what you were asking for all these weeks though. God finally took you. I'll still think that you're just sleeping in your bed, waiting for us to come and visit. I think that's the only way I'll actually get over it. I guess it still hasn't hit me that hard yet....... But we'll all just have to move on, though it's easier said than done a lot of the time. I'll just have to "pretend" it didn't happen... and go on with my daily life. I'm glad that  you got to watch us grow up. Most grandparents don't get that chance.  
I really will never forget you. Promise.
Please rest in peace. Love, Me. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing