Life, One Week Until school starts again

Over the past couple weeks, I've read a couple books; quite literally. The first I finished over this two week break from college was Little Pink Slips, by Sally Koslow. It was alright... I didn't really know what to expect, but the ending sure does suck because the ending is where it's the most interesting. Sigh. Some books are just like that, and I don't like it. It was about a lady who worked for a magazine that got taken over by some self-serving superstar. Kind of a let down... Anyways, the next book I read (and finished last week) is The Rise of Nine, by Pittacus Lore. This book is (obviously) the continuation of The Power of Six and I Am Number Four, and this book is even more obviously just as awesome as the others. As the characters get deeper into discovering their "true" purpose in life (ish), they encounter strange dreams...about each other...yeah, I still like books geared towards teens (even though I'm still a teenager, I figure I can still read them...but does anyone really out grow a type of book?) but some of the books I've seen in the teen section at book stores really stink; I mean, they're mostly in the category of "Paranormal Romance." Isn't everyone over that already? I've never read Twilight, but the first movie killed my curiosity for the books because I figured all the story was just the girl and the sparkly vampire dude staring at each other while listening to Supermassive Black Hole, by Muse. But seriously... who in their right mind would want to even be around a vampire/werewolf/zombie/whatever the cheese else is out there?! Someone please tell me... but yeah, read  I Am Number Four and all those books... there's going to be more coming out eventually, plus the back stories of the killed and surviving "Numbers."
----And now, for something completely different:
So. Thanks to my brother, I've learned that Big Time Rush killed the Blur song, Song 2. Their version is called Windows Down, and it's pretty obvious it came out in 2012 as a single on the Pop charts with the wub wub wub in the song. I'd say it's also pretty obvious that Song 2 came out in 1997 because it has that punk-ish/grunge-ish, barely Green Day sound that I like a lot. I just wanted to point this out becaaauuuse: Song 2 is better than Windows Down, even though it's shorter and doesn't particularly appeal to today's teenagers....as far as I know...annnd I'm completely biased because I don't particularly like Big Time Rush. anyways... I'm not saying I want this other band to not exist.. I'm just saying I wish I've never heard of them... and maybe that I liked pop music so I'd like them.... idk.
Now that my two week school break is almost over, I'm sad because my world will become busy again, and I won't be able to sit in my pjs 'til 2 pm any more. I won't be able to randomly read or write my "story" that I've been trying to write for these two weeks. That hasn't really been going well, since I always get too distracted by the internet... stupid internet... I guess that keeps me from writer's block, but it defiantly keeps me from turning an ex-friend into an alien and writing a silly romance into the plot (because it's the most predictable thing in a plot sometimes). Narg. Why can't someone invent a device that lets you transfer your thoughts to a Word Doc instead of your voice... it's sort of not fair. It would make writing easier... at least for me... These weeks actually went by pretty slowly for me. I don't know if it was because I didn't really do anything exciting (but see my boyfriend...and got to "work") or if it's because I didn't have anything to do but sit on my butt all day. I remember last summer, when I had to wait 3 months for school to start and I was bored out of my mind (and pissed at my ex-friends). These two weeks feel as long as those three months! I can't really believe it, but that's what it feels like. Maybe it's just because the only thing that's really helped me keep track of the days is my "job." It's interesting watching those high schoolers run, but I'd rather be running sometimes. It's sorta weird watching people run when you're so used to running with them... Yups, I coach. People are always so surprised, but that's what I do. Apparently, I'm not the type. No one sees me as a commanding cheeseball? It's been an interesting experience. I hope I can learn more from those runners... especially what I like to call, "The Walking Club." I wanna know why the cheeseballs they're not the Cross Country team if they're going to walk their butts everywhere... -__-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing