Time Capsule from the Past SIX Years

 Well, well, well. I've come across this little time capsule from my college days. It was nice to see I wasn't so black pilled yet. Somehow, when you get a job, everything becomes tedious and full of drudgery.

Let's go through the main events chronologically, because, what other way is there to go?

  • October 2018- I got a temp job at a trucking place. It was cramped, old, and dusty. Swarming with truckers, dock workers, and dust-lined equipment. I celebrated my 25th birthday there and they got me my first company birthday lunch. I also celebrated someone's retirement; my first company party. I was there for about a month before I was let go, which was fine by me. 7:30-4:30 with an hour lunch was killing me. I couldn't take walks where I was at and I didn't like the place very much anyway.
    • Between temp jobs I went back working for the Tax place for about two weeks. Did I mention that here? I have no idea.
  • November 2018- I went in for an interview with what was to become the company I currently work for. I was greeted by the grumpiest lady at the reception desk. (Remember this for later). I was then greeted by the most cheerful lady I've ever met. She was short, blonde, and walked fast. She took me into the rest of the very old, dusty building. I climbed the steep stairs to the big meeting room and we sat at the end of the long cherry wood oval table. She emphasized teamwork and my college degree. After the interview, I met the lady I was replacing. This lady was tall, had brown hair, and ate like trash, as I was about to find out. Luckily for me, she was about to retire in three weeks. Long story short, I got the (temp) job. 
    • Considering the field this company is in, it's ironic that my first day was Veteran's Day. I'll never forget walking into the office being surrounded by smoke from a fire that was going on at the time. 
    • I was filing and the CEO scared me. He snuck up on me and asked me how I liked it so far. I liked it so far. Little did I know the higher ups had some kind of vendetta against my boss and that was the only kind of attention I'd get from any higher up for the next 2 years.
  • March 2019- The Muse Simulation Theory concert!!!
  • Marach 2019- SWANFEST. Road trip to LA.
  • November 2019- The company moves to a new building in a completely different area after years of talking about moving. YAY.
  • December 2019- I (finally) get engaged.
  • December 2019- I (finally) get hired by the NEW guy.
  • March 2020- No one knows what's going on so everything shuts down. I'm one of the few ppl that has to go into the office for whatever reason.
  • April 2020- The cover receptionist gets fired. I somehow get transferred to a different department to become the cover receptionist and start the mundane task of scanning paid invoices and entering order acks. I find the main receptionist to be even more snooty and petty than I could have ever imagined.
  • September 2020- I GET MARRIED. HAVE ONLY 14 PEOPLE AT THE WEDDING AND RECEPTION. No chocolate fountain or doughnut wall. No real first dance. But we have our apartment and that's what counts
  • Later September 2020- I return from the wedding to find the receptionist got bit by a dog and won't be back for awhile. Fine by me.
  • April 2021- I've trained two receptionists and one finally stayed. I can finally settle down and do my own work without being bothered.
  • August 2021- Honeymoon
  • September 2021- I find out I'm pregnant. Which explains all the worse mood swings and strange cravings.
  • October 2021- I can't eat chocolate and I'm pissed.
  • December 2021- We tell everyone it's a boy for Christmas. (Here's the ultrasound in a card for you)
  • Some time in 2022 I become a full clerk but then most of my duties get taken away because I go on leave in April 2022.
  • May 2022- He has arrived: naturally. But we have to go to the hospital anyways. What BS.
  • August 2022- After going nuts, I'm back to work.
  • October 2022- We move back to the other side of the...area...to be with family for the child. My commute goes from 15 mins to 40 mins.
  • August 2023- Pregnant again. Our first child walks and grunts. 
  • November 2023- Find out baby has issues
  • December 2023- They keep finding more issues with this poor baby. I have to terminate or everyone else will suffer. Especially the child's older brother. 
    • So now I suffer more seeing a little baby instead of having a disabled child
  • April 2024- Here we are.
Got red pilled and black pilled along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Have Gone By

9 More thoughts plus side thoughts

Mourning is a strange thing